Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A 1lb. 5oz. Praise Report!

Gabe and I met with the neo-natologist this afternoon for our level 2 ultrasound to check out that cyst that showed up in our last ultrasound. AWESOME NEWS...not only did our little girl show no signs of the Trisomy disorders, but also no birth defects and the cyst has shrunk to half its original size! Praise the Lord!!! We are on cloud nine right now! We also had the doctor check one more time to make sure she was really, really, officially a girl and he said, "Oh yes! There's no mistaking that. She's definitely a girl." So that is also good/fun to know! He also went over all her anatomy and internal organs again and explained everything as he went, which was so nice because the regular ultrasound techs aren't allowed to really discuss much with you. She is healthy, about 1 pound 5 ounces, and a little on the petite side like her momma! I asked him about all the kicking I've been receiving in my, ahem, lower regions (I'm sorry if that is TMI) and told him I thought she had her feet wedged down near my cervix. We took a look and she had one foot exactly where I told him it was and the other one up by her head! ...and she seemed to be sleeping comfortably in that position which starts me thinking about gymnastics already! What a little monkey... The doctor gave us some more pictures of her, but they didn't print out very clearly, so I'm not going to post them (I can barely tell what I'm looking at). We just wanted to share our praise report and our news with you! Thank you all so much for praying for our growing family!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Beth. I was just thinking about you last night thinking your ultrasound was around now :) My BIG one is in 6 weeks. Can't wait for that and can't wait to see you in about a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Ms. McCarty!!

    ReplyDelete