Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Learning to Cut...

This is one of those posts where I sit back and think about how big my little girl is getting. She is seriously growing up. She is three: Sassy, Sweet, Independent, Sometimes stubborn, Super girly, Super wonderful, And she is mine! She loves to do crafts - Anything that involves markers, crayons, paint, or glue is fair game. She has tried to use scissors before, but the coordination involved usually frustrates her and she gives up and asks me for help. I am happy to oblige. But not this day, because she is three. Today she has a growing determination to do it herself. "I do it mommy. You don't help me!" I watch her struggle through with determination. A little part of me falls apart when I see that she is starting to get it. With each successful cut, I see an apron string hitting the floor. My baby girl is growing up. She is getting it. Pretty soon she'll have it down and won't need my help anymore. Not for cutting at least. I am so proud of her and just a bit sad for myself all in the same moment, and we celebrate. 









No comments:

Post a Comment