Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Introducing...Aria Elizabeth Brent


She's here!

Monday night, September 20th, I started having contractions around 10:45 pm. They weren't very bad, like mild cramps at most, but they were running 1 to 3 minutes apart. Gabe kept track of them and I worked on folding laundry. Around midnight I decided to go to bed in case they picked up during the night. I didn't want to go to the hospital without getting any sleep. Well, baby girl had other plans! My water broke at 12:30 am - 30 minutes after I had gone to bed, so needless to say I didn't get any sleep! We packed up, headed to the hospital, and checked in around 1:30 am. The contractions were pretty much the same as they had been at home - nothing too intense - until about 3:30 am. THEN they got bad! I lasted until about 4:30 am, at which point I asked for an epidural because I felt like I could barely breathe through them. The nurse went to get the anesthesiologist and returned about 15 minutes later to tell me he was on his way. The next contraction I told her I felt like I needed to push, but she said I was only at 7cm when she checked me before she left to get the anesthesiologist, so I probably wasn't ready. She checked me again anyway and I was at 10cm! So she ran to get the doctor. Aria Elizabeth Brent arrived at 5:18 am. She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. Oh, and I never got the epidural...there was no time! Having this precious baby girl was the most painfully wonderful thing I think I've ever done. She is such a sweet, precious little girl and we love her so much!

Before...


Aria at about 3 minutes old!


...After - exhausted, but happy.


Grandma and Grandpa with Aria at about 30 minutes old


Daddy kissing Aria - 2 days old


First smile (we know, its probably just gas!) - 3 days old


Grandma with Aria - 3 days old and finally at home!

1 comment:

  1. She is adorable, Bethie! :) We really enjoyed meeting her the other day and spending some time with you all! Thanks for letting us visit. Good job on the pics...creative and cute. Hopefully Aria's little friend will be arriving in the next week or so!

    ReplyDelete